Youth Sports & Recreation Grant Proposal
What's the purpose?
What does it cover?
Sports & Rec Coordinator position, Sports Activities & Registrations, Band Bus to support youth transportation, bus driver training, Day Camps, Sports Days, Equipment, Carnival Bracelets, and more fun youth activities.
To fund youth sports & recreation activities in the amount of $200,000 for 2011 and $34,600 in 2012. These grants are in addition to the regular fund raising activities that occur throughout the year.
May 2012 Project Update
February 20, 2012 Project Update
Read the latest Yo! News for a lengthy update on activities within the Youth Sports & Recreation program.
June 8, 2011 Project Update
So far this grant has been used for the following:
- Registration of GN youth in ice hockey
- Registration of GN youth in soft ball
- Registration of GN youth in soccer
- Free admission for GN youth to the carnival
The next steps are:
- Hire youth recreation coordinator for the summer
- Have a committee meeting
- Try and get sponsorship to match the Trust funds for sports registration and/or equipment